What is the Full Form of LASER
Full Form of LASER
The full form of LASER is “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”. LASER is a type of electromagnetic machine that can emit light that is electromagnetic radiation. Such lights are both coherent and have very poor intensity. They are produced by a method named optical amplification.
What is LASER?
A laser is a device that emits light through a process of optical amplification based on the stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation. The form of LASER is “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation”.
History of LASER
We have covered the full form of LASER in the previous section. Here we are going to see the brief history of LASER. Albert Einstein was the first person to speak about the LASER process. The system was however completely developed in 1960 by Theodore H. Maiman. The LASER was based primarily on the concept given by Charles Hard Townes and Arthur Leonard Schawlow.
Now after the full form of LASER and the history of LASER, we are going to discuss some of the types of LASER. Below is a list of LASER types, depending on their wavelengths and applications.
- Chemical LASER
- Liquid or Dye LASER
- Excimer LASER
- Gas LASER
- Semiconductor LASER
LASER working principle
We have discussed the types of LASER and the full form of LASER in the previous section. Now we will know about the working principle of LASER. A simple laser consists of a chamber identified as the cavity that is built to reflect waves of visible, infrared, or ultraviolet to reinforce one another. The material selection in the cavity decides the output wavelength of the LASER. Mirrors are located at either end of the cavity. One of the mirrors is fully reflective so that none of the light will pass into them. The other mirror is reflective in part, allowing 5 percent of the light to pass through it. The cavity may either include liquids, solids, or gases. Energy is pumped into the cavity from an external source through a method known as pumping.
The waves in between the mirrors are reflected back and forth. The length of the cavity is such that waves that are reflected reinforce together. At the end of the cavity, with a partially reflective mirror, the electromagnetic waves emerge in harmony together. The laser output is a coherent, electric field. Both waves have the same phase and frequency in a coherent beam of electromagnetic energy. Know more about the full form of LASER at wiki
Applications of LASER
There are several applications of LASER. Below we have mentioned a few. Do check out the full form of LASER and the history of LASER in the above section.
- Lasers are used in medical devices such as dental treatment devices, and cosmetic treatment equipment.
- Lasers are used in laser printing devices.
- Lasers are used in DVDs, CDs, and Barcode Scanners.
- Lasers are used in different types of devices, i.e. drilling, cutting, surface treatment, welding, and soldering equipment.
- LASER is used in military equipment (anti-missile devices) and is an integral component of Nuclear Fusion Reactors.
Advantages of LASER
- This principle of no interference of electromagnetic is used in wireless communication systems via free space for both telecommunication and computer networking since laser radiation is free of this interference.
- Lasers are commonly used for the diagnosis of cancers in the medical sector because they are less harmful compared with X-rays. They are used to burn small tumors on the surface of the eye, and the surface of the tissue.
- It is used for information transmission in the field of communication because it has an enormous capacity to support information.
Disadvantages of LASER
- Lasers are expensive, and therefore, those patients who need laser-based treatment options are much expenditure.
- Lasers are expensive to maintain, and therefore cause high costs to doctors and hospital administrators.
What is the full form of LASER in Hindi?
The full form of LASER in Hindi is “विकिरण के उत्तेजित उत्सर्जन द्वारा प्रकाश प्रवर्धन”.
is a startup that stands on a vision to create an ecosystem for students where they can get good quality books for several top exams of India like JEE, books for JEE, books for NEET preparation, UPSC specific books, SSC top book collection, and many more. We at KitabDukan have the vision to create a smooth platform for students and professionals together to connect them on a single platform to make the learning and teaching process very unique and smooth. We have connected several top institutes of Jaipur, Patna, Banaras, and other cities for exams like JEE, UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railways, and many more exams. We focus to provide a good quality of books and handwritten notes all over India by which the students who belong to the low economy section can also get notes and books at their place through us. KitabDukan aims to become a platform to become an all-time solution for students all over India.
What KitabDukan Offers
We at KitabDukan avail the complete notification related to the examination. We provide a space on our website where they can find the previous year’s question papers. Also, we have a collection of quality books which they can buy from our website to prepare well. We also provide full-time customer care support to our premium users through a career counseling program.
Note: – At KitabDukan, We avail the complete information starting from the latest exam notification, and complete syllabus, and then we provide you the complete list of important books which are needed for exams. In this article, we have demonstrated the full form of LASER along with the needful information related to LASER.