What is the Full Form of GUI
Full Form of GUI
The full form of GUI is “Graphical user interface”. A graphical user interface is a form of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and an audio indicator such as primary notation, instead of text-based UIs, typed command labels, or text navigation. Know more here.
A graphics-based operating system interface that uses icons, menus, and a mouse to manage interaction with the system. GUI was developed by Xerox, the GUI was popularized by the Apple Macintosh in the 1980s. At the time, Microsoft’s operating system, MS-DOS, required the user to type particular commands, but the company’s GUI, Microsoft Windows, is now the dominant user interface for personal computers. A comprehensive GUI environment includes four components: a graphics library, a user interface toolkit, a user interface style guide, and consistent applications. The graphics library provides high-level graphics. The user interface toolkit, built on top of the graphics library, provides application programs with mechanisms for creating and managing the dialogue elements of the windows, icons, menus, pointers, and scroll bars (WIMPS) interface. The full form of GUI is here.
A brief history of GUI
Earlier we discussed the full form of GUI. Here we are going to discuss the brief history related to GUI. There was no GUI before, so people were using the CLI (command-line interface) to communicate.
- The CLI was not that suitable to use and all the commands were not familiar to the end-user. So, the interface was implemented to connect this gap.
- The GUI’s primary goal was to make the apps more user-friendly.
- People love when the task they want to do is completed quickly and efficiently.
- The GUI emphasizes that “ease of use” is one of the most essential aspects.
- The initial GUI-centric machine operating model was the Xerox 8010 Information System.
- It was designed and built at Xerox PARC by Alan Kay, Douglas Engelbart, and their collaborators.
- The frequently requested GUIs are Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X until 2014.
Fundamental components of GUI
In this article, we have discussed the full form of GUI. Here we are going to cover some fundamental components of GUI. The necessary components and their function are given below.
Pointer: It is a marker that pops up on the screen. Pointer proceeds to select objects and commands.
Pointing tool: It allows a user to move the pointer & pick objects, such as a trackball or mouse, on the display screen.
Icons: These refer to small images on the display screen that represent commands, documents, windows, and so on. A user can execute such commands by using a pointer & pointing device.
Benefits of GUI
Till now we have discussed the full form of GUI, a brief history of GUI, and components of GUI. In this section, we are going to cover the major benefits of the GUI. The full form of GUI is given above.
- The user interface is pretty straightforward to grasp for beginners.
- It’s very easily accessible and intuitive that can be used by end-user.
- End-users do require to memorize instructions for the program to execute operations.
Limitations of GUI
We have covered the full form of GUI, the history of GUI, and the benefits of GUI. Now we are going to cover some limitations of GUI.
- A bad Interface still poses an issue for gamers because it harms them.
- A non-user-friendly Interface will confuse the user as well as reduce the effectiveness of finishing the work.
KitabDukan is a startup that stands on a vision to create an ecosystem for students where they can get good quality books for several top exams of India like JEE, books for JEE, books for NEET preparation, UPSC specific books, SSC top book collection, and many more. We at KitabDukan have the vision to create a smooth platform for students and professionals together to connect them on a single platform to make the learning and teaching process very unique and smooth. We have connected several top institutes of Jaipur, Patna, Banaras, and other cities for exams like JEE, UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railways, and many more exams. We focus to provide a good quality of books and handwritten notes all over India by which the students who belong to the low economy section can also get notes and books at their place through us. KitabDukan aims to become a platform to become an all-time solution for students all over India.
What KitabDukan Offers
We at KitabDukan avail the complete notification related to the examination. We provide a space on our website where they can find the previous year’s question papers. Also, we have a collection of quality books which they can buy from our website to prepare well. We also provide full-time customer care support to our premium users through a career counseling program.
Note: – At KitabDukan, We avail the complete information starting from the latest exam notification, and complete syllabus, and then we provide you the complete list of important books which are needed for exams. In this article, we have demonstrated the full form of GUI along with the needful information related to GUI.