What is the Full Form of FSSAI
Full Form of FSSAI
The full form of FSSAI is “Food Safety and Standards Authority of India”. FSSAI has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts and orders that have hitherto handled food-related concerns in various Ministries and Departments. After the full form of FSSAI we are going to discuss the other aspects related to FSSAI.
Highlights of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006
Here we have discussed the full form of FSSAI. We are going to discuss the major highlights of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Various central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954, Fruit Products Order, 1955, Meat Food Products Order, 1973,
Vegetable Oil Products control order, 1947, Edible Oils Packaging regulation order 1988, Solvent Extracted Oil, De- Oiled Meal and Edible Flour control order, 1967, Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992, etc. will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006.
The Act also aims to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards, by moving from multi-level, multi-departmental control to a single line of command. To this effect, the Act establishes an independent statutory Authority. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India with head office in Delhi. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the State Food Safety Authorities shall enforce various provisions of the Act. The full form of FSSAI is described here.
Establishment of the Authority
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India is the Administrative Ministry for the implementation of FSSAI. The full form of FSSAI is discussed here. The Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have been appointed by the Government of India. The Chairperson is in the rank of Secretary to the Government of India. Know more at official website
There are many primary functions of the FSSAI. Hereafter are the full form of FSSAI, the Establishment of FSSAI, and highlights of FSSAI acts. Below mentioned the FSSAI’s major functions.
- Framing of Regulations to lay down the Standards and guidelines about articles of food and specifying appropriate system of enforcing various standards thus notified.
- Promote general awareness about food safety and food standards.
- Laying down procedures and guidelines for accreditation of laboratories and notification of the accredited laboratories.
- Laying down mechanisms and guidelines for accreditation of certification bodies engaged in certification of food safety management systems for food businesses.
- Creating an information network across the country so that the public, consumers, Panchayats, etc receive rapid, reliable, and objective information about food safety and issues of concern.
- Provide training programs for persons who are involved or intend to get involved in food businesses.
- Contribute to the development of international technical standards for food, sanitary and phytosanitary standards.
- To provide scientific advice and technical support to the Central Government and State Governments in the matters of framing the policy and rules in areas that have a direct or indirect bearing on food safety and nutrition.
- Collect and collate data regarding food consumption, incidence, and prevalence of biological risk, contaminants in food, residues of various, and contaminants in foods products, identification of emerging risks, and introduction of the rapid alert system.
is a startup that stands on a vision to create an ecosystem for students where they can get good quality books for several top exams of India like JEE, books for JEE, books for NEET preparation, UPSC specific books, SSC top book collection, and many more. We at KitabDukan have the vision to create a smooth platform for students and professionals together to connect them on a single platform to make the learning and teaching process very unique and smooth. We have connected several top institutes of Jaipur, Patna, Banaras, and other cities for exams like JEE, UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railways, and many more exams. We focus to provide a good quality of books and handwritten notes all over India by which the students who belong to the low economy section can also get notes and books at their place through us. KitabDukan aims to become a platform to become an all-time solution for students all over India.
What KitabDukan Offers
We at KitabDukan avail the complete notification related to the examination. We provide a space on our website where they can find the previous year’s question papers. Also, we have a collection of quality books which they can buy from our website to prepare well. We also provide full-time customer care support to our premium users through a career counseling program.
Note: – At KitabDukan, We avail the complete information starting from the latest exam notification, and complete syllabus, and then we provide you the complete list of important books which are needed for exams. In this article, we have demonstrated the full form of FSSAI along with the needful information related to FSSAI.