What is the Full Form of DRDO
Full Form of DRDO
The full form of DRDO is “Defence Research and Development Organisation”. The Defence Research and Development Organisation is the premier agency under the Department of Defence Research and Development in the Ministry of Defence of India, charged with the military’s research and development. The headquarter of DRDO is in New Delhi India.
What is DRDO
The full form of DRDO is explained in the above section. Here we will focus to know about the organisation. DRDO is the head security agency of India which focus on developing defence equipment with the use of the latest technologies to ease and empower the strength of Indian Defence. The primary goal of DRDO is to safeguard the country with a well-supported defence system using a high-tech defence system. It equips them to stay safe and keep us safe as well. DRDO runs with a strong team of over 5000 scientists and more than 25,000 technical staff.
History of DRDO
Till now we have covered the full form of DRDO and some important information related to the organisation. DRDO was established in 1958 when the Directorate of Technical Development and the Technical Development establishment was combined with DSO (Defence Science Organization) to establish a new organization that enhances support for new research and weapon development in defence sector. DRDO holds an extreme vitality for providing maximum security to the citizens of the country through strong military background support and upgraded tech. This organization functions in the support of Indian military development that looks up to new research and developments. This organization is especially for the Defence military of India. In this organization, new research and development for the new weapons are organized for the Indian military sector. This aim consists of several sub-sections that are considered for the development of the arms of the country. The single aim of the Defence Research Development and Organisation is to strengthen the military of India. Know more here
Primary Activities of DRDO
After the full form of DRDO and the brief history, we will discuss the primary activities of DRDO. DRDO has major events/programs that have to be done at regular intervals. Some of them are mentioned below-
- The Defence research development and organization (DRDO) works under the Defence Ministry of India and has to submit a proper report of the progress to the defence ministry of India. They also have been in touch with the defense expertise so that they can create new designs/prototypes as per the need of the military.
- The DRDO (Defence research development and organization) works for the military, hence they have to follow the deadlines for the projects assigned by the intelligence of the military.
- The upcoming generation of military needs enhanced weapons/tech that can act fast, so the DRDO works for evaluating weapons and upgrading needful changes for the enhancement of the Army.
- The DRDO holds the security from the technical point of view, hence they have to be updated about national security policy and must adhere to those policies. They support upgrading sensors that increase security at borders. This increases the national security that supports the military.
Objectives of DRDO
In this article, we have started to discuss the full form of DRDO, followed by a brief history of the organisation and also about the activities of the DRDO. Now we will see some of the objectives of DRDO. Here we have listed the main aims of DRDO:
- Make India prosperous in the fields of science and technology
- Establish a well-developed infrastructure and quality manpower
- Create a strong professional support system
- Provide the country with top-class systems and technical solutions
- Develop a weapon system to ensure their usage during the hour of need
- Make sensors for detecting problems
- Look into the technical solutions for the well-being of the military troops and arm them with upgraded weapons
is a startup that stands on a vision to create an ecosystem for students where they can get good quality books for several top exams of India like JEE, books for JEE, books for NEET preparation, UPSC specific books, SSC top book collection, and many more. We at KitabDukan have the vision to create a smooth platform for students and professionals together to connect them on a single platform to make the learning and teaching process very unique and smooth. We have connected several top institutes of Jaipur, Patna, Banaras, and other cities for exams like JEE, UPSC, SSC, Banking, Railways, and many more exams. We focus to provide a good quality of books and handwritten notes all over India by which the students who belong to the low economy section can also get notes and books at their place through us. KitabDukan aims to become a platform to become an all-time solution for students all over India.
What KitabDukan Offers
We at KitabDukan avail the complete notification related to the examination. We provide a space on our website where they can find the previous year’s question papers. Also, we have a collection of quality books which they can buy from our website to prepare well. We also provide full-time customer care support to our premium users through a career counseling program.
Note: – At KitabDukan, We avail the complete information starting from the latest exam notification, and complete syllabus, and then we provide you the complete list of important books which are needed for exams. In this article, we have demonstrated the full form of DRDO along with the needful information related to DRDO.
Is DRDO a government or private?
DRDO is the R&D wing of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, with a vision to empower India with cutting-edge defence technologies. It is a government agency.
Is DRDO part of the Army?
No, It is not the part of Indian Army, but it works to improve the defence system of the Indian Army. Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) is an agency under the Ministry of Defence. Headquartered in New Delhi, DRDO was formed in 1958.
What is DRDO salary?
The salary of a DRDO Scientist varies based on their grade and level of the DRDO post in the pay matrix and their salary is around INR 56,000/- to INR 2,26,000/- per month.
Who is the head of DRDO?
Satheesh Reddy. Dr. G Satheesh Reddy, Secretary, Department of Defence R&D and Chairman.
Who is the CEO of DRDO?
Shri APVS Prasad, heads the Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC), Department of Defence R&D, Ministry of Defence as its Chief Executive.
Which is better DRDO or ISRO?
There is no such classification between these two organizations in India. Both departments use extensive research to make the best products available for national benefit.